Friday, 30 September 2011
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
The meet up will be on the 12th October in Cardiff.
The general plan is to meet up in the afternoon around 3pm to go for a coffee and have a good chat. We can then hit the shops in Cardiff, taking a look at the unique arcades and the new St David's centre.
At around 6pm we will head to the management suite in St David's for some drinks and a preview of what St David's has on offer for the festive period. There will be gift bags, opportunity to get your photo taken and more time to chat with all the lovely bloggers who attend the event.
Plus after todays meeting with Gemma and the St David's PR team we have also confirmed you will be able to get a mini make over from the Kamigata team and there will be the chance to have some food after the event.
If you are unable to attend the day time (or night time) no worries you can just come to one or the other. Plus we are happy for other bloggers from outside South Wales to attend to, the more the merrier!
We hope to see a few of you there!
Monday, 26 September 2011
2.5lbs steak (cut in to chunks)
1 bottle red wine
1tspn lazy garlic (3 crushed cloves)
3 bay leaves
Fresh Rosemary (3/4 sprigs)
5 ounces baco (chopped)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 onions (chopped)
1.5lbs carrots (chopped)
1.5lbs potatoes (chopped)
14.5 ounces beef stock
1 small jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil (chopped or a tin of tomatoes if you prefer)
2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
10 ounce frozen peas
salt and pepper
1. Place beef, garlic. bay leaves and red wine in a covered bowl. Chill overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
2. After that brown bacon in olive oil in frying pan. When browned place in a large casserole.
3. In a bowl mix flour and a little salt and pepper. Take steak out of bowl and cover in flour mix until well coated. Discard bay leaves.
4. In frying pan add a little more oil and fry the steak in batches until golden (but not completely cooked) then add to casserole.
5. Pre-heat oven to 160 (or equivalent). Fry onions, carrots and potatoes in oil for around 10 minutes on a medium heat stirring well, place in casserole
6. Add the wine mixture (from bowl), beef stock, tomatoes and rosemary to frying pan (scraping any segments from the bottom into the juice, to add to the taste) Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4mins.
7. Pour over the casserole and mix. Cook in oven for 2 hours, stir once or twice during cooking.
8. When cooked mix 2 ladles of juice from casserole with 2tbsp of flour then mix back in to stew. Add peas and cook for a further 5mins. Add s&p to taste and serve.
Hope you enjoy it!