This weeks Friend Friday post is a little different as we are not tackling a specific subject, instead we are all posting 10 random facts about ourselves that people might not know. But with this post I am going to kill two birds with one stone as I also got tagged this week by Miki with the Happy 101 tag and need to share 10 things that make me happy. So I shall be tackling both of these things in this post.
10 things you might not know about me
1. I live in Wales, ok so most of you know this, but lots of people don't actually know anything about Wales. It is a small country attached to England and part of the UK, but it IS a COUNTRY in it's own right, not part of England! The number of people who think it is a state or county in England is unbelievable. Although I live in Wales I do not speak Welsh, sadly.
2. I like to try out new foods. I am always happy to try something once, just incase I like it and just to be able to say I have. I don't think there is much I would actually turn down. I have tried Kangaroo, Ostrich, Pigeon, Guinea Fowl, Wild Boar and lots more. China should be interesting as I am gonna have fun trying lots of things!! hehe!!
3. I swam competitively between the ages of 8 and 13. And once swam for Wales in the junior team. I was a backstroker! But since giving up swimming when I was 13 I have only been back in a pool about a dozen times. I finished for a few reasons. It was taking over my life (try training 5 times a week and competing once week at the age of 10!) and it also made me ill for a while. So it took up dancing instead.
4. Whilst in school I joined the athletic team. Ok not that unusual, but I was a discuss thrower! Which considering home skinny I was back then always shocked/annoyed the people I competed against!
5. I would really like to get a tattoo but I am a complete chicken and totally needle-phobic. But I did watch Jon getting his done. I'm sure I will bite the bullet one day!
6. I love churches, yes its odd but I think they are really interesting and beautiful buildings. My dream home, for when I properly grow up, is a converted church. I have it perfectly built in my head, now I just need to find the church and the money!
7. I got together with Jon when I was 17 and got engaged in Florence, Kentucky when I was only 18. We agreed to wait till after I finished Uni to get married though. So as you will nearly all know we finally tied the knot in May this Year. Leading on from that. We will be off on our honeymoon in just 2 weeks. We are going to China for a month. We wanted to go somewhere a bit different, and we don't really like beaches!
8. I hate the sound of my own voice! I will never Karaoke in public! I have been on the radio a few times in my life but cannot ever listen to the recordings myself, nor do I like being in front of the camera so don't allow video cameras near me! My vlog posts on here are a big thing as it takes a lot for me to do them. Once they are sorted I never re watch them as I just cringe too much!
9. I'm a Guide! As in the girl guides! I have been involved since I was 5 and have helped run Brownie packs all my life. I am without a pack since finishing uni but hope to get into it again once I get out of working in the pub.
10. I like lots of random music! I have seen Meatloaf, Tom Jones, Dolly Parton, Jethro Tull and Rammestein in concert. All of which are totally different from each other, I'm just very eclectic! I love modern music to, just haven't had the opportunity to go to many shows.
See all the other FBFF ladies here
10 things that make me Happy!
1. My honey, Jon. Yes it's mushy, but I am usually happiest when I am with him.
2. Cwtches!! (it's a term we use for cuddles in wales) I love cwtches, usually with Jon but I'll take them with anyone really, hehe!
3. Being with my Best Friend, Heather. We don't get to see each other often as she lives in Sheffield but when we do it's like we haven't been apart at all. We always have a great time together!
4. Bunnies!! I love bunnies!! I miss my baby lots. But we are thinking about getting another after our trip.
5. Films. I love a good film. Me and Jon recently stuck all our old film stubs in an album and found out we saw 52 films in the cinema last year! Thats pretty impressive I feel. Plus we have a ridiculously big film collection.
6. A freshly made bed. I love getting under a quilt of a freshly made bed when it's nice and cool.
7. Hats! I have a small obsession with hats. And for a number of years in my teens I didn't leave the house without one, no matter where I was going.
8. Vintage! Photos, fashion, cars or home decor I love everything with a bit of age.
9. Crafting. Whether it be paper craft, sewing or just general creativeness, it always puts a smile on my face.
10. Blogging. Honest, blogging and writing in general makes me happy. I want to get into the situation where I can give up the day job and just write for a living!
Now I am meant to pass this onto 10 other bloggers. But I think lots of people have already done this. So if your reading this and haven't done it please feel free to take the tag.
I am now not only battling my bad back, but also a crappy cold, thanks to my honey! So feeling very rubbish and uninspired sorry!