Tuesday 30 November 2010

Playing Dress Up with Chic on the Cheap

Say hello to Lydia my 5th guest blogger for 'Playing Dress Up'. I love Lydia's style and she often recreates outfits herself so I thought she would be perfect for my little recreation challenge.
Hello friends of Daisy Dayz! I'm Lydia from Chic on the Cheap and I'm so excited to be guest posting for Chantele while she's off enjoying her honeymoon!

Chantele asked that I create a wearable look for her to try out when she gets home, and I wanted to capture something with all my favorite fall trends and classic fall colors.

At my blog I like to focus on affordability - so every item in the look is $50 and under, and hopefully the star pieces are ones that Chantele (or anyone else) already has in their closet.
The leopard pencil skirt has almost become a neutral in my mind, it is a truly versatile piece and a closet essential. I built the look around it, adding in rich browns, eggplants and golds. I love to mix up textures; suede, knits and faux fur to really step up the level of glamour. This is a look I would probably take to the office (without the fur), or out to dinner, throwing on a classic trench and grabbing a little black chain strap bag.

I hope you've enjoyed my post and will come visit me soon
Chantele, I hope you are a having an amazing trip!

Back to me...What do we think of Lydia's outfit for me? I am loving the little gloves and the booties! I sadly don't own a leopard print skirt though, may have scout one out for this recreation. I think the looks is stylish, practical and cozy.
Please visit Chic on the Cheap as Lydia's looks are so great and her photos are always pretty.

Don't forget to enter my 'Mystery Prize' Giveaway.

Daisymay X

China Update: Today is one of the days I am most looking forward to as we are visiting the Panda Reserve in Chengdu.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

8 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see you do this one...and all of them actually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find youself a leopard skirt - I'm sure you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great ideas! I agree the leopard skirt should be awarded diplomatic status as Switzerland: Completely neutral! It can be paired with so much. Love what you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. elle est magnifique cette fille, et ses photos sont vraiment très jolies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like everything and it should work perfect together. The only thing I would not wear are the gloves... but thats just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think gloves top that outfit! Well, not really. Everything does! I just bought satin gloves, and I wear them a lot now. They really add elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love how you styled this leopard piece! I always find leopard print so tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love Lyddie's style. The leopard print skirt with all those fall shades is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails