Tuesday 25 September 2012

DIY - Smashbooking!

Have you discovered Smashbooking yet? I recently found this video on Youtube of the new journalling craze to hit us crafters. I've always liked the idea of scrapbooking, but just don't have the time and patience to do it properly. If it is doe properly scrapbooking looks amazing, but it seems to take so much tim, planning and arranging it all nicely. So when I came across this video I knew it was more up my street.
Essentially its like a kids scrapbook, where you just stick everything in, how ever you want to. And you can keep all sorts of little trinkets, bits and bobs and fun stuff in it. K&Company are the brand who make the official Smashbook brand but you can really use any journal or sketchbook. Mine are off eBay, I wanted ring bound so I could put bulkier things inside and it would still go together ok. You can add anything and everything to it! Thats half the fun of it. I have found old postcards and notes that I had stored for years, which I have now added to my 'everyday' book. And when I get fun stuff in the mail I add them to it too. You don't have to use photos like a scrapbook, but I have been printing little pictures out using Picture Frames App so I can make them smaller. Got lots more to do though. 

So here is the start of my everyday Smashbook. I have a separate one for our travel - China, Paris, Barcelona - which I have yet to start! I'm trying to collect up all those little brochures and leaflets you accumulate while visiting places. Not all the pages are finished as I have been adding little bits here and there when they fit and when I find or receive interesting, pretty stuff. I intend to fill the cover with stickers when I find some or am sent some. (If anyone wants to send me some fun stickers please feel free!)
The cover so far - still pretty bare
Some Paralympics fun
Our tickets, pin badge mounts and some pictures
Pretty postcards and mail I received from Miki and others, plus a Stamp themed ATC (wondering what an ATC is? I'll be doing a post on them soon too! Another new craft I've been enjoying!)
Fun mail and ATC's, and a Hell Bunny Dress Tag
A London ATC, 2 Paris ATC's and a recipe I fancy trying
A fun night out with Jon last week! Yo Sushi and cinema trip.
Receipts from September and an old postcard. The envelope is a sample pack envelope from Crabtree and Evelyn, isn't it super cute!
More old Postcards and my winning letter from Stoli

That's all for now, I have more pages but they are still in progress.
Has anyone else been Smashbooking? Or fancy trying it? It really is a lot of fun and a great way to collect memories.


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. i think this is what scrap booking was all about! then it got all out of hand ... and i fell victim to it! but no more! actually haven't done it in 3 years. but it's fun to get together with some friends & play with paper, glue and scissors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this is so cool! And yay you've used the postcards I sent! ;P

    Your messages today made me really happy! ;D I want to know more about what you're up to, can't wait! I have things to tell you, too, but I'll do it privately ;).

    Thanks for making my day!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun, I'm just too lazy!
    tie-dye-eyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails