Wednesday 21 October 2009

The-Boat-That-Rocked-Fashion

Ok just a quick post from me tonight coz I'm tired, will do a better one tomorrow (promise!) Tonight I decided to watch The Boat That Rocked again. I had forgotten how much I totally loved the 60's fashion they have in it. I seriously want this dress!!! The print is just so cute and the style is the perfect 60's style that will transcend to modern day fashion. I intend to try and replicate it after Christmas with my new sewing machine (top of the xmas list, hopefully rents took the hint!!) Will have to keep an eye out for a good pattern and that amazing fabric. Unless anyone knows where I can buy it, haven't found it yet!! Gosh then I might just have to buy a new pair of shoes to go with it too. lol!
But it isn't just this dress that I really love. I want Rhys Ifans hat, I know its a mans hat but I think I could carry it off!!. Maybe another DIY job for me. Plus I love his scarf in this scene and the broaches he's wearing on that jacket. Any ideas where I could get ones similar??

Last of all I love Charlotte's (Emma Thompson) Houndstooth cape!! It's so cute and sexy and would be great to wrap up in in the winter. Problem is I can't find a picture of it to show you all, so unless you have seen it you won't know what I'm talking about (If you haven't seen it yet you really should it's awesome). But I think it may be another project for when I get a sewing machine.
Anyway's thats all for tonight. Gonna watch the final episode of True Blood (God I love that show)
Let's see what tomorrow brings
Daisymay XOXO


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I've not seen the film before, but damn that dress is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails