Wednesday 25 January 2012

Crabtree and Evelyn - Avocado, Olive and Basil Collection Launch

This week saw the launch of a new line by Crabtree and Evelyn, and apart from a select few members of the press in London, I was amongst a group of specially invited bloggers to be introduced, test out and purchase the new line. I believe I was technically the first customer in the UK to buy the new line!! And boy am I glad I did.
The new scent is Avocado, Olive and Basil (a re-invention/re-launch of the original scent a number of years ago) and it smells amazing. Plus as with all their lines the products are of the highest quality and really do work wonders on your skin. Especially their hand therapy creams which I got to try out at the launch and purchase for myself!
Originally I was a little sceptical about the combination of ingredients, it sounded more like a salad than a beauty product, but I was proven very wrong as they work so well together and give a clean fresh smell. And no doubt the individual ingredients help bring special properties that help with nourishing, hydrating and conditioning the skin.
I was lucky enough to be treated to a hand treatment demonstration by the amazing store manger Rob. Where he exfoliated my hands with the Gardeners Hand Scrub, then treated them with the Gardeners Hand Remedy and finally moisturised with the new Avocado, Olive and Basil Hand Therapy, and I must say my hands felt so silky smooth after and have kept that for the last 2 days!

The line (at present) contains Hand Therapy Cream, Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Body Butter - but they expect other items to be added over time.


Plus we got to indulge in some amazing treats made by Fresh and all based around the ingredients of Avocado, Olive and Basil (clever people!) They were all so yummy. Those little canapé things at the top were toasted/crispy bread topped with tomato, mozzarella, avocado, basil leaf, olive oil drizzle and a sliver of some sort of smoked ham! So blinking good I want out straight after for all the ingredients to make it for lunch the next day, lol!

Find the new range and more info about the products here

Do you fancy using this product? Would you buy it?
Have you come across any other unusual beauty products?

Daisymay X

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. sounds amazing! i remember a C&E store back in Ohio ... wonder if we have any in the states still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely. I get really dry hands in the winter and love to treat myself to something that smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession: I've never bought anything from Crabtree & Evelyn. But their stuff sounds really great.

    Stop by when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to eat avocado! I've never tried it on my skin, though, but I would.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails