Time: 15min prep, 25min cook
This is one of Jons favourite meals, so I cook it quite often. It pretty easy to do and not too pricy. You can try different sausages for a different taste, plus adding mushrooms works too. I think it would be a hit with kids as well.
4 rashers bacon, fat trimmed off (I use smoked but its up to you)
2 large leeks
150ml Double cream
2 Veg Stock cubes made up to around 350-389mls
1 pack Jus Roll short crust ready rolled pasty (you could make your own, but its just time consuming!)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Pre heat oven to the temperature required on pastry pack.
2. Brown the sausages and bacon. Then allow to cool before cutting into slices and small pieces.
3. Slice the leeks and place in a casserole dish (I use a large rectangular dish as it is easier to fit the pasty over) add the sliced sausage and chopped bacon.
4. Mix together the cream, stock, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and a good sprinkling of rosemary (plus salt and pepper to taste if you like, but I don’t use any) Then pour over the sausage, bacon and leeks and mix well.
5. Roll out the pastry and trim to fit casserole, and then gently lay over the top. I use the excess to cut shapes for the top, as you can see in the picture I used hearts this time.
6. Brush with some milk and place in the oven for the time required on pasty box. Mine is usually about 25mins
7. Serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of veg!
Let me know what you think if you try this out!