Sunday 11 May 2014

It's time to move on!



You may have noticed I haven't actually posted on this blog since January, which is a pretty big rarity for me! I have been writing Daisy Dayz for 4.5 years now, and I have barely gone a week without a post (even whilst on honeymoon for a month!) so it has been hard in some respects to go for almost 4 months without posting anything, but I've been feeling a little off for a while about the whole blogging thing. I hoped that the new design at the end of last year would encourage me to start working again, but it still didn't really work. So I decided the best idea was just to take a break, there is nothing worse than forcing yourself to blog, just for the sake of it, as not only will you get frustrated with yourself, but you will also not produce work your readers actually want to read. So I needed time away and time to think. My life has changed so much over the last year (with work and moving) and I feel like I have outgrown my blog. Daisy Dayz was always started as a daily fashion blog, but I feel like that is no longer a priority in my life, I still love fashion but its not my focus any more. I have grown so much since starting Daisy Dayz, and it really was a saviour to my sanity when I needed a creative outlet after finishing you.

But all that being said I don't want to leave blogging, so after much consideration and deliberation, and lots of talking it through with Jon, I came to the decision to retire Daisy Dayz Blog...but I will be starting a new one, a grown up blog that more suits the person I am now, and this time it will be a joint collaboration with Jon, so I won't be taking on the entire job myself and it will give us something else to work on together! I haven't launched it yet, but after a few weeks of trying to decide exactly how we want our blog to look, the design is finally sorted, and the domain name is bought and the site is live - but we will officially launch on the 1st June! So without further ado, you will now find me and Jon over on Two Hearts One Roof. I really hope a few of you lovely ladies (and gents!) will follow me over to the new site too as I would love to see you all there.

Daisy Dayz has been an amazing part of life. It has opened so many doors for me, I have gotten to do things I never thought I would be able to. Worked with amazing companies, been to awesome events and meet some truly amazing people, from all over the world (in person and online!) Some of who I am happy to call real friends now (you now who you are ladies!). And I just can't step away from all that, not yet, I think blogging will always be a part of my life, I just need a change, need new scenery! The new blog will be more lifestyle based, more home and design, food and recipes, just general life (don't worry there will still be fashion every now and again!) I just want all you amazing guys to come with me too.

Ok so thats enough of me being all mush and sentimental. This will be my last official post on Daisy Dayz but I will be leaving the blog live, at least for a while. Please do come see us over on the new blog when we launch on the 1st June as I would love to get your opinion of the site! 

Two Hearts One Roof

daisydayz

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails