Wednesday 29 January 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday - West African Curry Recipe - Slimming World Friendly

Well ladies I had my 1 month weigh in last night. I started with a weight of 13st 9lbs and last night put me at 12st 13lbs! I am pretty pleased with my overall loss for my first month, although last nights loss was only 1.5lbs, which was a little disappointing. But that being said it was still a loss which is the main point! Plus I had a pretty rubbish week diet wise actually due to me still being ill, but I am happy to say I am almost finally over my cold.

Well as this week has been so rubbish on the food front (really it has been very dull and not particularly good syn wise either!) I thought I would bring you all a great recipe we have enjoyed a number of times over the last few weeks - West African Curry. If you are on Slimming World then it is around 2 syns a portions as the only thing you have to count is the Mango Chutney. The original version of this was found in an old ASDA Choices Cookbook but I have adapted it slightly for my taste and to make it more slimming friendly!

West African Curry Recipe
This recipe should take around 45minutes in total and will serve 4 people. 

Ingredients
Fry Light
1 Onion, finely sliced
2tsp lazy garlic or 2 finely sliced garlic cloves
1tbsp Garam Masala
1tsp Ground Turmeric
2tsp Ground Cumin
2tsp Grounf Coriander
1tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
455g Minced Lamb
2tbsp Mango Chutney
1tbsp Tomato Puree
115g Frozen Peas

Instructions
1. In a large wok or frying pan, heat the fry light and gently fry the onions until softened but not browned. Add the garlic, spices and herbs and continue to saute for a further 1-2 minutes

2. Add the mince and fry until browned, mixing it well with the spice and onion mixture

3. Add the chutney and tomato puree and mix to combine. Cook, stirring well for about 10 minutes. If the mince appears dry add 100ml of water

4. Add the peas to the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes

5. Serve with boiled rice for a tasty meal!

Alternative - If you like an extra kick the original recipe used 1tsp of cilli powder and 3 whole cloves as well. Plus you can garnish the curry with freshly diced tomatoes (get in some extra super free!)

You can find all the other bloggers involved in Weight Loss Wednesday on the link. There are 39 of us in total, so lots of inspiration if you are looking to lose weight and get healthy this year!

daisydayz

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails