Tuesday 7 May 2013

Beauty Review - Aveda Shampure Conditioner

I said a few days ago that May was going to be product review month on the blog and then I realised how many other posts I needed to put out first, so now I am finally starting my product reviews! I really have had loads of beauty products and samples given to me recently so I have plenty of stuff to work with, expect lots of fun and random reviews from hair products to nail varnishes, make up to face creams. Let the fun begin!

 First up is Aveda's Shampure Conditioner. I had a sample of this from the John Lewis Christmas event (yes that long ago!) and I have only just opened it. Now straight off the bat I can tell you that I really didn't like the smell of it. The ingredients say it contains Peppermint, Rosemary and Lavender. I don't mind any of the scents but mixed together they just manage to smell like an oil my mum used to use as a base to her aromatherapy massage oils - Sandalwood! And I really don't like Sandalwood!

But once I could get passed the smell the product is pretty good. I have used it twice now and realised you don't need to use much of it as a little goes a long way. I massaged it into my roots and tips after shampooing with tresemme and then left it on my hair for about 10 mins, this is the same as I do with all my conditioners. Now this is where I had another little issue, it might sound silly but is it possible for hair to be to silky? You know the slick feeling when you first apply conditioner to your hair, well even after rinsing for ages my hair still felt like it had conditioner in it - like it was too slick! But anyway I didn't still have any in my hair and I had managed to wash it all out properly.

I literally didn't have a single tangle in my hair when I came to brush it afterwards and my hair brush glided through it so easily. Even after drying it with a hair dryer the few knots that had formed slipped out with very little effort. Now I must say the finished result is beautiful, my hair is soft and silky and not at all fly away. I tend to suffer with static really bad and often when I have conditioned my hair will get really fly away, but this keeps it weighted just enough that it stays nice and straight. Even after a wash the day after my hair is still looking beautiful and is still soft and shiny. If it wasn't for the smell of it I think it would be perfect. Maybe they can try making it with a nicer scent!
If you like the sound of this Aveda Shampure Conditioner you can buy it directly from their site, online at John Lewis or even on Amazon, prices start at just £5

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails