Monday 24 June 2013

Show Us Your Favourite...with C.S.I Beauty Blog

Hello! I'm L from Cosmetics, Shopping and Intoxication, (CSI) a blog I co-write with M. We write about everything from make up to cocktails, clothes to cakes so feel free to check us out and say hello! It took me a while to think up a favourite post, mainly because I have so many favourites that it was hard to condense them into something readable! Eventually I thought about the fact that I really do LOVE painting my nails, even filing and buffing them as I feel so much more 'done' when my nails are manicured and I find the process relaxes me after a long day or sets me up for a night out! So here is a post about my favourite nail products. My nails are one of my favourite things to do as it's so relaxing. I can do it whilst watching tv and choose to do something nude, glittery or more complicated by adding some nail art. I have a few favourites that help me out so I'm going to share them with you today! 

 1) I do love the Nails Inc files, they're durable and seem to last forever which is great as I've had mine for a good while from a manicure I had and its still going strong! My favourite block to buff and shine my nails is the one from Models Own. It starts its life looking so neon and bright which is what drew me to it initially which you can still see in the pictures but unfortunately fades a little with wear. My nails are easily buffed and feel super smooth after using this and sometimes after using the shine part I do leave my nails as they are without polish, it really is that good! 150 
 2) Revlon Post Trauma Nail Polish and Calcium Gel Nail Hardener. These products are my go-to polishes for base coats as the Post Trauma one actually sinks into your nails and heals some of the flaking problems. The Calcium Gel hardener helps to prevent nails from splitting and breaking off and the combination of these two products together stops the majority of nail breakages yet isn't too thick for a base coat.
  151 
 3) Essie nudes are very well known for being popular and it's no wonder when they have such a range! I love Sand Tropez, Fiji and Ballet Slippers. As for metallics my absolute favourite is Model's Own Champagne Gold, perfect for summer, winter, day and night, especially summer nights out on holiday! For neons there is no other colour for me apart from China Glaze, their neons actually glow on the nail and I absolutely love it! My favourites are Pool Party and Turned Up Turquoise! (shown below!)
  153 
 4) My favourite top coat is again by Essie. It dries really fast, leaves a smooth chip resistant coat and is really good value as it's not as expensive as the OPI or Seche Vite top coats. 157 
 5) Lastly I have jumped on the bandwagon of the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish remover pot. It took me a while as I just didn't believe it but eventually picked it up in a deal and couldn't believe how easy it was to remove nail polish! I'm forever carting a bag of stuff up and down the stairs when I want to do my nails whilst watching tv with my mum and this removes the need for me to bring cotton wool and risk getting remover over the leather sofa suite (eek!). Not only is it easy and pretty much risk free it doesn't smell too badly either which is a bonus! Hope you've enjoyed my 'Favourites' post. I could have gone on forever and included glitters, but I feel that's a whole other post as there's so many possibilities! Thanks to Chantele for having me and M guest post on here whilst she's busy setting up her company and moving, what a mammoth and brave task! If you liked what you've just read come and find me over on my blog, thanks for reading :)
 L xxx

Big thank you to L, I am totally off to find that nail varnish remover, sounds awesome!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails