Friday 21 June 2013

Show Us Your Favourite...with One Little Vice

Just to let you know I have now moved home (hopefully successfully and without too much stress!) And am now more than likely delivery some of the 5000 leaflets we have had printed! So as I am still a bit busy say hello to Angelica of One Little Vice!!

Hello! I'm Angelica and I write a beauty blog called One Little Vice. Chantele has been kind enough to let me write guest post for her this month and today I'm going to be sharing with you three of the best smelling products to use when you shower! Scent often drives me to purchase products I otherwise might ignore, and it definitely influences the products that I choose to repurchase. Each of the three products I'll be talking about today have been repurchased based not only on their scent (as mouth wateringly delicious as each one is) but also because they're lovely products all round. In descending order of preference (and, ironically, price) let us begin.



First on my list is L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil. This is a product that has been much raved about and not without reason. It was my first foray into the shower oil world and quite honestly it has transformed my entire beauty regime. I suffer from dry skin, with the occasional bout of eczema, and as a result I have to moisturise very regularly which can feel particularly time consuming on my busier days. When I started using L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil last November I found that it really helped keep my skin hydrated and I didn't need to moisturise as often. Couple this with the fact that it has the most delectable almond-y, verging on floral, scent which I can't get enough of, this shower oil has become Holy Grail status to me and I can't go a week without reaching for it. A 250ml bottle (as pictured) lasts me about four months which somewhat justifies the £17 price tag. All I can say is that you need to smell it before you knock it and if you have dry or sensitive skin then this is something that you should definitely give a try!

The second product to make it on my list is Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Fresh & Foamy Body Wash. At £6.50 this is a much more affordable option but the scent and feel of the product is miles away from L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil. Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush range smells like lime and sugar, intensely so. When I first stumbled across it (originally in the form of a body scrub) I couldn't believe how much I liked it as citrus scents are so not 'me'. But it is so moreish. I wanted to lather myself in this scent daily and when I discovered the Body Wash I had to have it so that I could realise this modest ambition. I'd definitely recommend trying it yourself as it is really wonderfully zesty and does a great job of waking one up in the morning or refreshing you before a return out into humid summer weather. Additionally, it doesn't dry out skin and that ticks another box on my checklist.

The last product that I want to share with you today is The Body Shop's Banana Conditioner. If you don't like banana then this may not be the product for you, but if you like honest to goodness fresh smelling bananas then this is something you'll want in your shower arsenal. I love it. I've used the shampoo in times gone by but I'm trying to avoid using SLS on my hair so now I only repurchase the conditioner. On top of having a really nice scent it is also a lovely product. It isn't too heavy so doesn't weigh hair down but offers a good level of conditioning that you can get away with using every time you wash your hair. My deepest conditioning treatments tend to take the form of hair oils that I use after my shower when my hair is still damp, so whilst in shower a medium level of conditioning (which this offers) is perfect. It leaves hair shiny and soft but, sadly, only with a waft of the banana scent, although this is probably for the best as on hot summer days that fruity scent might well become sickening if it lingered. Overall, a fantastic product that I thoroughly enjoy and would recommend, especially as it doesn't break the bank coming in at £4.50.

So there you have it, those are my three favourite smelling shower products. Each of them has much to recommend it as well as the scent but my goodness if you're led by your nose then you may just fall in love with these before you even use them!

Thank you to Angelica for that I also love Soap & Glory items as they smell amazing and are so good for your skin. I'll be back soon!!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. Miss DaisyMay, I've created a little postcard for you... http://phoenixpeacock.blogspot.com/2013/06/lovely.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails