Saturday 7 September 2013

Event - Promod Clothing Launch

I was lucky enough to be invited to a new brand launch a week or so ago in Debenhams in Cardiff. Promod is a French brand that was started in 1975 and since then has grown to 1026 stores in 55 different countries. It has recently opened it's first 3 outlets in the UK, in Cardiff, Manchester and Glasgow. 

After receiving the invite I went online to check out what type of clothing they stocked, as I hadn't heard of the brand before, and in all honest I wasn't hugely blown away. It was quite dark and a lot of it looked a little too buisnessy for my liking, and possibly a little bit on the older side (maybe stuff my mum would wear) it reminded me of La Redoute, but I thought I would go see it in person (with my sis) before making a judgement.  

And I was pleasantly surprised! The mixture of clothes was really great. There were pieces that felt older, like something I would find in Per Una, but there were also lots of much younger feeling pieces like those you would find at H&M. The collection felt quite fresh but still on trend! Tribal prints and floral prints but in a more unique way than other highstreet stores, plus some great statement pieces that are very different from other stores. And the prices were all very reasonable. The quality was also really high which is always good as alot of the hughstreet can seem overpriced for the quality.

But here are the photos of some of our favourite pieces, so you can make up your own mind about them. 


This is their store in Debenhams in Cardiff

 This jacket was around the £70 mark, which is great for a good quality coat.
 My sister loved this skirt, it was £19.95 and looked like something you would be able to get in H&M
 This reminds me of real Chinese indigo printing.
 These boots were beautiful, definitely a statement piece that would last you many winters. They are £79.95 so a little pricy but not terrible


 I loved this simple summery dress with the lace and embroidered detail, £35
 This jacket was stunning in person, the embroidered fabric was beautiful


 This was the most expensive piece in the store, and for good reason. 100% lambs leather jacket, so so soft and so well made! £159.95
 This dress was also stunning, a favourite with a few of the other blogging ladies also. The top layer is actually cut out like a fine lace, so is incredible delicate, with a shift layer underneath. It is around £50, so on the high end of the hughstreet but the quality and uniqueness makes it worth it in my books

So what do you guys think? What is your opinion? 
Did you know of Promod before? Has anyone been to one of their other stores yet?


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails