Tuesday 10 September 2013

Review - Table Treasure Tapas Dishes

I was recently contacted by Amanda who owns Table Treasure, a site that is dedicated to bringing quality tableware to people who love to dine in style and enjoy hosting dinner parties. Amanda is a trained chef and simply loves beautiful made and presented food, so has decided to dedicate her self to find beautiful dining accessories at affordable prices for the UK market.

She asked if I would like to receive one of her lovely tapas dishes to try and of course, being a food lover, I jumped at the chance. And I am so glad I did! She sent me one of her Ocean Spray Tapas Dishes which retail at £9 each. The quality of the dish that arrived is amazing, the dish is just so beautiful! I am actually tempted not to use it for food at all but keep it on my bedside table as a ring dish. I would happily have the entire collection of these dishes as they are so beautiful, they would make a great addition to any kitchen. The dishes are all hand thrown from terracotta, meaning they are all slightly unique, which just adds to their charm as far as I am concerned! The glaze covers the entirety of the main dish top and bottom, but leaves the little base part unglazed, which makes it look more rustic!




Asides from the tapas dishes her store currently also stocks, stunning Olive Wood, Rustic Wood and Elegant Wood boards and utensils, Just Slate platters, Spanish terracotta cookware, stainless steel utensils, stoneware and a number of linen brands. Here are a few of her other items, that I am just a little in love with!




Amanda also shared with me her current favourite Tapas dish recipe:



Banderillas
Ingredients
12 toothpicks
12 baby pickled onions
12 capers
12 anchovies
12 roasted red pepper slices
12 roasted yellow pepper slices
12 stoned black olives
12 cornichons (baby gherkins)
12 slices chorizo sausage
Assembling 
Place one of every ingredient carefully onto a skewer.
Choose the order of the ingredients before you start so you plan which colours look best next to each other.
For best results, follow the same order for each skewer. This way when placed on your tapas dish, the colours stand out giving more impact rather than looking a bit jumbled when you skewer them in a more haphazard way.

We wrapped the anchovies around the olives and the red pepper slices around the gherkins, giving a bit more interest to the eye.
This is such a great recipe as of course you could swap the ingredients for others if you choose, as long as they taste good together.
Traditionally, pimento stuffed green olives, pickled red peppers and often tuna are used, so you can see I changed the ingredients to produce a version suited to my tastes.

If your passionate about your kitchen and your cookware then take a look at Table Treasure for some great quality pieces at affordable prices.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails