Wednesday 14 November 2012

Beauty Guest post by The Makeup Pixie

Hello ladies, today I have something a little bit different for you. If your a regular reader you'll know I don't really do beauty posts, it's just not my thing. So as a treat to you all and so you have something a bit different to read for a change, I have done a little blog swap with my lovely new friend and fellow welsh blogger Georgina aka the Makeup Pixie. She is going to talk you through her key beauty items for the winter. Enjoy and don't forget to go see her blog for my key fashion items post too!


-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies :) The wonderful Chantelle asked me if I would write a guest post to have here on her blog for you, on 5 key pieces of makeup, for A/W12.  I'm a Cardiff based beauty and lifestyle blogger over at Makeup-Pixi3.  Makeup, cats, sushi and polka dots are my passions (and of course, my husband) :)  I tend to punctuate with exclamation marks and smilies, yes, I do that, you'll get used to it :)  So, that's enough about me, lets get on with the post.

My Top 5 Items for A/W12
The key looks for this season are fresh looking rosy cheeks (the kind that look like you've just come in from a windy outdoors), and dark deep berry lips.  I've picked some key items with a mix of high street and high end which will help you to achieve this look.



Revlon Black Cherry (1) £7.49
I've started with this as dark berry lips are key to this seasons makeup trends and it should be the focus of your look, if you're going for an on-trend look of course.  Don't be too scared by the colour, it doesn't come out quite that dark. If you're going for a lighter berry lip, just apply this with a lip brush (I'd apply it with a lip brush anyway, so you have a nice precise defined edge to your lips), then if you want it to be a bit darker, apply the lipstick straight from the bullet.



Dr Jart+ BB Cream (2) £21 (currently half price (£10.50) on Boots online)
Item two is my Dr Jart+ BB Cream - this is perfect for the drier weather.  If you don't know, BB cream is similar to a tinted moisturiser, but offers much more coverage, so in this type of weather, it will help to keep your skin more hydrated than a normal foundation.  It gives great coverage, SPF protection (yep, even in this weather we're still exposed to the harmful rays from the sun) and is good for your skin.  It lasts well, especially if you pop some pressed powder over the top to help set it.



NARS blusher in Orgasm (3) £21
If you're going for a day time look with the lovely rosy cheeks, then this is a great blusher to create that for you.  It has a stunning gold shimmer to it, just be careful not to get too much on the brush :)  I have a couple of great alternatives for you too, Chanel's Orchid Rose is a beautiful colour for autumn too, but if you don't want to spend that much money, Sleek's Rose Gold blusher is a fantastic dupe for the NARS one.



Chanel Ecriture Liquid Eye Liner (4) £25
This is my holy grail of all makeup items.  I have been re-purchasing this for around 8 years, whilst constantly trying others to find a cheaper alternative, but nothing, I repeat, nothing comes close to it.  It has a fantastic brush applicator to allow you to create the perfect winged look.  Lets face it, with dark deep lips and rosy cheeks, you don't want to wear much on your eyes, so a nice classic eyeliner look and some decent mascara is all you need to do with the eyes.  If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, Revlon's Gel Eyeliner is pretty decent and a fraction of the cost.



Essie nail polish in Recessionista (5) £7.99
This is the perfect colour to team up with your Black Cherry lip.  Essie nail polishes are fantastic quality and in my opinion, affordable.  Of course, if you're looking to spend less, try MUA's Plum Noir, it's only £1 and is decent.  Recessionista will give you a good 3-4 days wear, especially with a base and top coat.  Two coats of this should be all you need for flawless coverage.



So that's it ladies and gents, they're my picks for A/W12, I hope you like them?  I've been donning these picks for a few weeks now and really love the look.  I'm sure being fashiony peeps you'll be well versed with the goth/baroque theme that's taking over this season and these are a perfect match for it all.  It's been lovely being here and chatting to you all, please do feel free to stop by over at Makeup-Pixi3 and say hello :)


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

39 comments:

  1. Great post, I'm such a huge fan of NARS and that blush too!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to swap blogs for the day! Love all the products above but that NARS blusher is such a gorgeous colour! Have never tried their products before but might give it a go, sounds nice with the gold shimmer in it too.
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning! It's like one of their most sold products, super pretty :)

      Delete
  3. liquid eyeliner. i love it! actually, i really love all eye makeup but eyeliner is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear the Chanel liquid eyeliner every single day, unless I'm testing to find a dupe of course, unsuccessfully :)

      Delete
  4. blush ! just love it and always use :) ...thank You so much and of course followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That NARS blusher is on my wishlist! Would also like to try that eyeliner but I need a lesson in liquid eyeliner first :) Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chanel liner makes it really easy to apply, I literally can't recommend it enough :)

      Delete
  6. I just got the Dr. Jart BB Cream, can't wait to try it!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great products! That nars blush has a beautiful color! Cool idea to swap blogs for the day ;)
    Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a fabulous week ahead<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah I love that blush, it's starting to be a bit of a holy grail blusher :)

      Delete
  8. love blackberry, and dr. jart is great
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Deep Throat is another nice shade (dirty names though!)

      Delete
  10. I just went onto Boots to look at the BB cream but its not half price :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I think that may have just been for the weekend then, or just online. I've just had a look and it's full price online now too :S I will say tho that it is worth it :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing these great beauty tips for a/w! I think I'd like to try that black cherry lipstick!'

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, you should treat yourself to it :)

      Delete
  12. Helpful advice. You've made me want to try some of these products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all the products listed I own and love :)

      Delete
  13. love your make up picks, especially the burgundy nailpolish!

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a berry lip (I actually have this exact lipstick!) and a dark, vampy manicure is perfect right now. :)

    Great picks!

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley :) It's such a stunning colour :)

      Delete
  15. Love so many of the things she shared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea to mix it up a bit! Great post, and these look like awesome makeup items =)

    Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails