Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunday Catchup - 11th November

It's sunday again, which means another week has gone by - plus it makes us 1 week closer to Christmas! Yippee! Have you started your shopping yet? Or written the christmas cards? I'm almost done with my shopping and have gotten as far as buying my cards, so I am pretty organised this year. Plus to help get me in the Christmas mood I was lucky enough to be invited to the John Lewis Christmas Press Event in Cardiff last week. It is always a great event, and so beautiful. With lots of yummy cocktails and canapés. Here is one photo from the night but I will do a proper post on the event next week.
This was the Winter Wonderland setup at the John Lewis Event

And seeing as it is sunday here is a little catch up on my week. Not a lot of Instagram pictures as I keep forgetting at the moment, plus my phone camera is playing up! But here are a few for you to enjoy anyway.
 Food!
1.Breakfast at Cafe 37 - the liquid is maple syrup! Yum!
2. Chicken and Mushroom Pasta at ASK - blogger dinner after the John Lewis Event
3.Been making lots of soup thanks to my soup maker!
4. Stur fry dinner!

Below is what I have been reading this last week or so:
The Snowman by Jo Nesbo - finished this it is brilliant! Worth the read.
 Carrie by Stephen King - Been a fan of his films for years and when I found out about a Carrie remake (seriously! With Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore - see the trailer here!) I thought I should really read the book, it was good but not scary like I expected it to be.
 City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - The second book in The Mortal Instruments series, its kinda long and bulky but I am getting there with it.

This Dandelion and Burdock Pop is a huge flashback from my childhood. My grampa always used to buy it for me when I was younger!

Links and Love!
I've been doing lots of writing again this week so I figured I would share a few with you. Pictures too this time!
1. Some great recipes my mum had made. Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks with Mildly Spiced Yogurt Potatoes and Baked Alaska for Dessert
Slow Roasted Lamb Shanks in Red Wine Gravy

Mildly Spiced Yogurt Potatoes 

Baked Alaska


2. I finally reviewed my Cuisinart Soup Maker and Jon reviewed his new Lens, a Nikon 24-70 f2.8
3. Plus I wrote a few film reviews again - Coco Before Chanel, Surrogates and Prometheus
4. We went to see Taken 2, it was really quite good. Why not check out the trailer!
5. I meet a few new welsh bloggers this week, here are their blogs, please go check them out and say hi! Makeup Pixi3, What Laura Did and Forty Percent Fringe, Sixty Percent Face

If you fancy trying your hand at writing online articles and possibly making some money while you are at it then just click the link here, and have a nose around the site. It is simple to use, you write about anything you want (fashion and beauty included) and you make money through ad revenue and sales, simple!


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my blog, lovely to meet you! Going to check out HubPages now.. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm all that food looks good! Cafe 37 is my hangover breakfast venue most weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous winter wonderland set up. Yay, The Mortal Instruments--I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas and just started buying presents and selecting cards. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read that Cassandra Clare novel. I slogged through all three of them when they came out. Interesting premise, but I ended up just wanting through them to be done. When the next series came out, I passed them by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those spiced yogurt potatoes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a true wonderland! That baked pasta looks especially delicious! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to try the spiced yogurt potatoes, I imagine it's great!!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ali this food looks so delicious :P ...would You like to follow each other dear ? just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dandelion and Burdock Pop...how is that? i've had dandelion tea. i am curious...
    potatoes are my go-to food for the fall.

    i've actually only read one stephen king book but seen a bunch of the movies. too scary,hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not done the first thing xmas-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baked Alaska, yum!

    I actually have a few people checked off my Christmas shopping list, if you can believe it! And I have gifts in mind for my husband- but I'm still completely clueless on what to get a few of my friends. The hunt continues... :)

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo....never knew that Carrie has a remake. And this post just reminded me that I should start doing my Christmas stuff done soon.:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, all the yummy hearty food, it's making me hungry! Hope you're having a lovely week!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum! all that food looks delicious!

    check out the earwarmer bow knitted headband GIVEAWAY on our blog: http://www.counttofour.com/2012/11/count-to-four-shop-ear-warmer-headband.html

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just came across your blog and its great, so will be a follower from now on :-) That baked alaska looks immense, so yummy! Awww Dandelion and Burdock, I used to have that all the time when I was wee too, not had it in ages...might need to hunt it down!
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails