Tuesday 12 November 2013

Event - Japonesque Make-up Consult

So last week I got to have my first ever make-up consult, yes first ever! I may be 26, but makeup, as you know, has never been my strong point! So when I was invited to visit the new Japonesque counter in John Lewis to have an entire make over and consult with a makeup artist, I thought I might as well go for it. I had never heard of Japonesque so had no idea what to expect from their products, but I figured it could be a bit of fun.

So introducing the amazing makeup guy, Paul! I was lucky enough to have my consult together with Leanne from A Slice of my Life and Joanna from Just Joanna
 Me getting my makeup done by Paul, he said I have brilliant skin so didn't really need to use foundation, so only spotted it under my eyes and sides of my nose to even my skin tone out. He was really helpful and knowledgable to, so was giving me lots of info and helpful tips on my skin and makeup needs.
 This is the before and after, I was pretty pleased, they only thing he didn't do was my mascara as I already had my benefit one on. I loved the lip colour he used, originally it was a pinky one, but I asked if I could have a darker one instead, and he agreed I could take a bolder look!
So here are the girls getting their consults too!


 Jo's finished look, a bit bolder than mine as she is used to wearing makeup (unlike me)


 And Leanne's finished look with a bright red lip to match her dress!

 The counter looks amazing with all the pretty packaging! (photo borrowed from Leanne!)
 And we were all incredibly lucky to get a goodie bag at the end containing 2 full sized products. We each got the Velvet Touch Finishing Powder Palette which retails at £20. 

 What is cool about all their colour cosmetics range is the packaging is all unique. The place a gel on the surface and drop ink dye on it, then bake it. So every package has a slightly different pattern. They are really beautiful!
Then we each got a separate item - I was lucky enough to get this beautiful Pro Lip Lacquer which retails at £15. In a rich sparkly red colour you can see below! 

Have you heard of Japonesque before? Do you use it? Opinions please ladies!

daisydayz

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for fancy makeup! That is all I want to buy when I get "spare" money :) You ladies look fantastic and I'm definitely going to do some research on the Japonesque....style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look fab, I'd never heard of Japanoesque before but am in town tomorrow eve so may take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, it was so good having our make-up done together :)
    Still jealous of your lip lacquer! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You look good in the new makeup. People underestimate the skill it takes to apply makeup well. We aren't borne with that ability. I tried doing it over and over for more than a year before I looked even presentable. Makeup can greatly enhance our appearance so it's a skill worth learning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails