Wednesday 8 February 2012

Recipe - Slow Cooker Jamaican Chicken - Kinda!

Haven't had a recipe post up for a while although I have been cooking quite a lot recently, so thought I would put last nights dinner up.

Now I am a bit of a make-it-up-as-I-go-along cook and this was a very make shift meal as I just wanted to use what I had in the cupboard and fridge. I did a quick search on My Fridge Food (great recipe site!) and got the general gist of a sweet and sour chicken and a jamaican chicken. Then I just kinda made the rest up - but as usual luckily - it was a huge yummy success. And I served it with Tesco's Lemon and Thyme Couscous.
This is a super easy and cheap recipe and low in calories (I think it works out as around 230-270 calories for the chicken, then however many extra for the couscous. The brand we use is around 230 if you share 1 pack between 2)

Serves 2-4

Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
Small tin of Pineapple chunks plus the juice
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Small tin of baby carrots
1 Yellow Pepper (cut into chunks)
2 garlic cloves or tsp of lazy garlic
2tsp clear honey
2tsp soy sauce

Couscous or rice to serve

Then all you have to do is chuck all the ingredients accept the tinned carrots into the slow cooker and put it on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. You can add salt and pepper to taste, although I don't use any in my cooking usually. Then just add the tinned carrots about 45mins before you intend to serve the food (or I am pretty sure they will just turn to mush!) and give it all a good stir.

Serve over rice or couscous.

You could add any number of veg to the dish or maybe some beans or potatoes to bulk it out a bit if you wanted.

Hope you enjoy - and leave me a comment if you try it out.

Daisymay X

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I've been hearing wonders about the slow cooker! I'm kind of scared to leave an appliance on for so long when I'm not at home, though.

    Oh, and I'll check that recipe site ;).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails