Friday 6 September 2013

Trends - How to wear Vintage like a Fashion Blogger

Seeing as my last 'Dress like a Fashion Blogger' post went down so well I thought I would do another for you all. As my last outfit post was vintage themed I figured I should carry that trend on! Plus I am a big fan of adding vintage pieces to your wardrobe to help make it more individual. And I know many fashion bloggers feel the same! Sadly getting hold of good vintage pieces in the UK can be quite hard, and it is far easier in the States, but if you keep an eye out on sites like eBay and at charity shops and carboot sales you are bound to find something you like. Just make sure it is in reasonable condition (vintage can sometimes be slightly damaged, but you don't want to fork out on something if it has too much damage to it) or something you can alter to fit/fix if you need to.

So here are some of my favourite blogger outfits including vintage items!
 Natasha from So On Trend wears a reworked vintage maxi dress which looks great on her petite frame with the modern accessories
Lyddie from Chic on the Cheap has some great vintage finds in her wardrobe, and this striped dress is one of them. If your new to vintage clothing, look for pieces that have a modern feel to them, you couldn't tell this dress wasn't from the current hughstreet, yet no one else will be wearing it!!
Alice from Pop Culture and Fashion Magic dresses her vintage B&W skirt with a lovely lacy blouse and great monochrome accessories for a chic fresh outfit
Elaine from Clothed Much looks great in this modest vintage dress, sometime the items need to speak for themselves, so if it's bold keep the accessories simple
Timbo from Timea Timbo does vintage in the most popular way - vintage denim! This keeps you looking on trend at any time of year, but vintage shorts (self-made from jeans or bought as are) are especially hot!
Noelle from Noelle's Favourite Things goes vintage with a classic vintage bag. Vintage items were often made to last, so look out for good quality accessories that will last you for many more years.

So there you have it, a few great ways to wear vintage items and look incredibly stylish. How do you like to wear your vintage? Do you have a look you would like to share?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me and in such fabulous of a company! I really appreciate that! I love vintage and in fact over 50%off my wardrobe is vintage!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic
    Alice&Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me with these lovely ladies! Mixing unique vintage pieces into your wardrobe is the best way to guarantee that your look is an original!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails