Wednesday 23 October 2013

Beauty Review / Mani of the Week - Crabtree and Evelyn Nail Varnish

A few weeks ago Crabtree and Evelyn launched their first line of Nail Varnishes and I was lucky enough to be sent a few to review. Retailing at £6 for 15ml they aren't too expensive, I was actually really surprised to see how big the bottles were when they arrived. I have noticed that nail polish bottles are getting smaller, yet the prices aren't changing! So £6 for a bottle that will last me ages isn't bad at all.

This 1st collection has 21 colours ranging through the entire colour spectrum! I was sent 3 different colours Blueberry; a very deep blue with a slight glitter shimmer to it, Avocado; a metallic looking rich green, and Wisteria; a pastel coloured light lilac.

Here is the first coat - I was surprised at how thin it was, but first coats can always be misleading. The blueberry is probably the worst effected, although it was thin, it was also just slightly sticky.
 And here is the second coat - much better, great all over coverage, nice and smooth, very little streaking. The blueberry became very dark so it almost looked black in some lights but it had this great shimmer to it when the light hit it right.
It was hard to get a photo of the shine all the varnishes actually have but you can kind of see what I mean in the photo below. The all have a slight glitter pigment to them.
 
I think for £6 they are great value. Avocado is probably my favourite colour, I just love the metallic shine to it!

I think I may well purchase a few more! Plus they would make a great gift or stocking filler for ladies for Christmas (men take note!) These are the other colours I have my eye on:


Pomegranate

Copper
Eggplant
Mica

Has anyone else tried any of these new Crabtree varnishes? Any opinions? 
Which colour do you like?

daisydayz

*I was sent these varnishes for review, but opinions are all truthful and my own.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails