Tuesday 5 March 2013

Shop Local - Little White Feather Company

Tuesday again! So this weeks Shop Local feature I'm bringing you a great Welsh company that screen prints great messages and pictures onto tote bags, cards and pictures. I present to you The Little White Feather Company!

What's your name and where do you come from?
I am Samuel Evans and I'm from Cardiff.


How long have you been making your designs?
I've been screen printing for just over a year now.


Moustache Tote £7 
Is there a story behind your shops name?
There is meaning behind the 'little white feather' but I don't like to reveal it incase I jinx it!



What's your favourite material to work with?
Cotton and water based inks are my favourite.

Alphabet Screen-print £12
Of your items which is your favourite?
My current favourite is the moustache bag.


Where do you get your inspiration for your designs and also their names? 
The natural world is one of my most reliable sources of inspiration, not only visual

Welsh Happy Birthday Card £2 each
Do you have any formal training or did this start as a hobby?
I learnt the bare minimum at university and taught myself a lot.

Handprinted Cariad Card £2 each
Do you have any favourite etsy shops which you buy from?
I love sass and peril .

I love the illustrations and design from Bryce Wymer of Flat Earth Studio
And I love the beautiful letterpress work from Dutch Door press

What's your dream for the coming year?
My ultimate dream for the future would be to be able to work full time for myself, so my dream for this year is to work towards that by getting more wholesale orders and getting myself out there!

Cariad Tote Bag £7 - and very soon they will be bringing out a Cwtch version of this bag! I seriously can't wait and it is on my To Buy list!
What's your favourite flower?
African daisies! 


You can find out more about the company and see more of their designs on their website too!

So ladies are you swooning over the welsh word totes? I totally love them and can't wait for the Cwtch one to come out so I can place my order.


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. That moustache tote is so fabulous! I love that you feature etsy shops! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails