Friday 19 November 2010

Playing dress up with Miki's Scrapbook

Time for another instalment of 'Playing Dress Up' please say hello to Miki!
Hello, Daisy Dayz readers! This is Miki from Miki’s scrapbook and I’m honoured to be here today contributing with a little something to tide everyone over until Chantele comes back from her lovely honeymoon.

To tell you the truth it was quite challenging to come up with an outfit for her respecting my style. Why? You might ask yourselves; well, mostly because I’m known for being a complete mess when getting dressed; I usually wear different colours, patterns, textures and styles all in one outfit! However, I’ve toned it down a bit this time and I dare say I’ve pulled off an acceptable look for our dear friend.

Without further ado, let me explain why I’ve chosen each piece of clothing. The first thing I should mention is that all of the things you can see here were made by Argentine designers; 50 percent of the bunch by independent designers and the other 50 percent by well-known brands. In case you’re wondering, yes, I’m from Argentina. I choose independent designers because I like wearing clothes that are owned by the fewest people possible, they obviously don’t mass produce and, on top of that, come up with more cutting edge designs than the ones you can see in the shopping malls. The trench coat, the sweater and the bag are the items made by my favorite independent designers. I particularly love the trench coat! I think it stands out, and yet, it is totally wearable. I matched it with a gray short-sleeved sweater which is not very flamboyant, but at least has the detail of the bow on the collar. Something more striking would
have been too much with that trench coat (according to what I’ve been told, hehe). The pants are jeggins; I didn’t choose anything looser because I think Chantele has cute long legs and this kind of trousers would look great on her. As for the accessories, I’ve chosen black and white boots; I know they kind of have a peculiar pattern but I think they don’t overload the outfit. Plus, I have the same ones in green, and let me tell you, they are unbelievably comfy! There’s
not much to say about the bracelet, and about the bag, well, I’ve chosen it because it’s made of leather, a noble material, and because it has three bunnies: one for Miss Tipsy and the other two for the ones Chantele and Jon have just adopted. Pets are a huge part of our lives, so I wanted to include them in her outfit somehow. Last but not least, there’s a hairdo I’d love to see on our friend. I think she’d look super cute with a messy bun and many hairbands at
the same time, don’t you agree?

If you’ve made it this far, thank you all for reading! And a huge thank you to Chantele for having given me the chance to be here in her blog.



Back to me, so what do you ladies think of Miki's outfit for me? I have to be honest and say I love it, but she mentioned a total swear word in my world, 'JEGGINGS' lol. I hate them, but luckily these ones just look like skinny black trousers so I shall let it pass! The bag is awesome as is the coat I would totally own either piece.
Thanks Miki for such a great outfit I shall try my best to recreate it when I get home. Please go visit Miki's blog as she is so funny and sweet.

Don't forget to enter my 'Mystery Prize' Giveaway.

Daisymay X

China Update: Today we will be travelling back to Shanghai via Wuzhen a traditional water canal town. We will visit the Taoist Temple and former residence of Mao Dun, a contemporary Chinese author, as well as taking in the beautiful waterways and old wooden waterside houses.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it. And bonus for featuring Argentine designers. I remember being in Buenos Aires eight years ago and drooling over some independent designers, wishing I had the money for what they were selling. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely want to see what you do with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, Frances! I'm so happy to find someone who came to Buenos Aires and liked our independent designers! :) Nowadays you can find clothes for much cheaper than 8 years ago, although the coolest designs are usually those made by the most expensive indie designers.

    I'm curious to see how you'll recreate this outfit, too, Chantele :).

    Hope you're taking lots of pics to share with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daisy~ I came here via Miki's blog :3

    I'm not a fashionable person, I must confess :C, but I also "like wearing clothes that are owned by the fewest people possible". And I don't know about the other items on the list, but I fell in love with that sweater ;_; I love dark colors, and grey is one of my favourites (the first one is black xD).

    I hope to see you recreating this outfit soon!

    Hugs!
    Choco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit....just saw your blog link....nice to meet you:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Miki - love it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails