Friday 1 October 2010

London Day Trip Part 1

Finally some London picture. The other half decided we should dress up all smart for the trip, as a bit of fun. And we kinda blended in with all the smart business people, which was fun.

So here we are out side the houses of parliament and Big Ben
Dress: Matalan
Jacket: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: J by Jasper Conran
Necklace: Vintage
And my honey looking like an election advert...Vote Cross-Jones for your next MP. lol!

So here is the first part of my photo tour of the V&A's fashion exhibition. This isn't all the pieces on exhibition, just a selection I liked. Sorry the photos aren't all that good, lighting was quite dark and everything is in perspex cases.
Tracy Emin 2004
I'm not a fan of her art, but this bag is kinda cool
A Wedding Dress dated 1830-33.
The bride must have been short as this dress was tiny.
Designed and worn by Gabrielle Chanel 1965
Barbara Hulanicki, designer of Biba 1970
Valentino Garavani, 1969.
I would wear this dress now, it is beautiful.
Ossie Clark 1971
Zandra Rhodes 1977
Both above maxis are stunning and wouldn't have looked out of place during this summer fashion.
Mary Quant 1967
The 'Piano Dress' by Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel 1995
This party dress is just so cute, and I would happily wear it to a ball now.
Horrockses 1957
Catwalk inspiration, 1950's style

I still have another V&A tour post to go, which I will get up sometime on the week end.
Have a great weekend ladies.
I'm off out for drinkies and some food with my girlies

Daisymay X

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. I love the V&A! It's always so much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys dressed up - that is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go to London someday, it looks so nice! And your polka dot dress is adorable!
    And that last 1950s dress is gorgeous, I'd definitely wear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the one above, Love your outfit and the photos look great, I love the piano dress:)x

    www.golden-indigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your black leather jacket ! sooooo pretty :)

    thanks soo much for stopping by at my blog :)
    GLISTERS AND BLISTERS (DOT) COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh, this makes me miss London! I spent a semester there in undergrad. And I love the V&A's fashion exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit, you look very pretty.
    The piano dress is gorgeous - I'd totally wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh London! I'm dying to go there! What a cool exhibit too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress;) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress :) You look to be having a great time, I hope you are!! And I'm loving the costume pics, i always love looking at clthes from different eras, thanks for sharing-I love that Ossie Clark xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can't wait to go to London again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many cool pictures, Chantele! I want to visit London again so bad! And Brighton!

    You two looked super cute! =) Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someday I'll go to London. That Valentino Garavani dress made me swoon. No, really, I just got up off the floor. Sooo stunning.

    It says a lot about a design when it still looks fresh and amazing forty years later.

    Oh, and y'all look so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your honey look so cute for your day trip! I've been to London, but only for a couple days so there is still a lot I need to see.

    I've never been to Wales, but Hubby has, and he loved it. He thought the people were very kind (there was a night he left a pub trashed, with several pub-goers helping him find his B&B... he forgot where it was).

    Drooling over that Garavani dress...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails